CWRTNEWYDD SCRIBBLERS’ 2013 SHORT STORY COMPETITION
Winner £40, Second prize £20, Runner up £10
Entries are invited to our 2013 short story competition. Stories should be less than 1500 words, on A4, double or 1.5 spacing. It can be any genre; adventure, crime, romance, anything you like. The entry fee is £5 per story. You are welcome to copy the entry form. You can send in your entries anytime from now until the 31st August 2013. Email entries also accepted, details below.
Rules and conditions of entry:
1) Entries must be in English, original and not previously published in any form or broadcast, and no longer than 1,500 words.
2) Closing date: 31st August 2013. The results will be available to general public in the autumn via our website www.cwrtnewyddscribblers.webs.com and the winners will be informed by email or post.
3) Entries must be typewritten or word-processed on one side of white A4 paper and double spaced or 1.5 and in 12 point typeface. No illustrated entries please. Please number your pages. Please attach a copy of the entry form (see below) with your name, address, telephone and email contact details, title of your story and a word count. Photocopied entry forms are accepted.
4) Entry fee: £5 per story. The maximum number of stories that each person may submit is five. Cheques in sterling should be made payable to: Cwrtnewydd Scribblers.
5) Copy and paste the entry form below, fill in your details and post to: Hengoed, Cwrtnewydd, Llanybydder, Ceredigion. SA40 9YS to arrive no later than the last post on the 31st August 2013.
6) No manuscripts will be returned and so contestants must keep a copy of their work. Copyright remains with the author.
7) No manuscripts will be returned and contestants must keep a copy of their work. Copyright remains with the author.
8) Email entries are also permitted, please see our website for details.
9) If acknowledgement of receipt is required please include a stamped addressed postcard. Entry to the competition implies acceptance of the rules. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
I enclose £ _____ entry fee, cheque made payable to ‘The Cwrtnewydd Scribblers’ for ______entries.
I understand and agree to the competition rules
Please post this form attached to your entry along with your payment. Entry form for email entries click here.
to: The Cwrtnewydd Scribblers, Hengoed Cwrtnewydd, Llanybydder, Ceredigion. SA40 9YS to arrive no later than the last post on 31st August 2013.